I've received an email ascribing the following to Allan E. Mallenbaum, the founder and Chairman of the Jewish Survival Legion, and although I could not find the original source for the article, I was able to locate links for the assertions made in the email. I have added those links and some graphics where appropriate and added editorial comments in brackets . Here is the article:
Despite the second Lebanon war, the divestments, and the boycotts, Israel's economy enjoyed the largest growth in its GNP of any Western country at 8% for the last quarter of 2006. Foreign investment hit a remarkable high of over US$13 billion and the budget deficit was under 1%. Industrial exports, excluding diamonds, rose 11% to $29.3 billion in 2006 with the hi-tech sector leading the surge, according to the Manufacturers Association of Israel. Israel's hi-tech industry exported $14.1 billion in goods last year, growing 20% from 2005.
What follows is a selection of Israel's achievements in the first month of 2007 alone:
1. Scientists in Israel [Kibbutz Mashabbe Sade, 02 Jan 2007] found that the brackish water drilled from underground desert aquifers hundreds of feet deep could be used to raise warm-water fish. The geothermal water, less than one-tenth as saline as sea water, free of pollutants, and a toasty 98 degrees on average, proves an ideal environment.
2. Israeli-developed designer eyeglasses promise mobile phone and iPod users a personalized, high-tech video display. Available to US consumers next year, Lumus-Optical's lightweight and fashionable video eyeglasses feature a large transparent screen floating in front of the viewer's face that projects their choice of movie, TV show, or video game. [Story: 17 Dec 2006]
3. When Stephen Hawkings visited Israel last week [Story: 7-15 Dec 2006], he shared his wisdom with scientists, students, and even the prime minister. But the world's most renown victim of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's disease, also learned something - due to the Israeli Association for ALS' advanced work in both embryonic and adult stem cell research, as well as its proven track record with neurodegenerative diseases, the Israeli research community is well on its way to finding a treatment for this fatal disease which affects 30,000 Americans.
4. Israeli start-up Veterix has developed an innovative new electronic capsule that sits in the stomach of a cow, sheep, or goat, sending out real-time information on the health of the herd to the farmer via email or cellphone. The e-capsule, which also sends out alerts if animals are distressed, injured, or lost, is now being tested on a herd of cows in the hopes that the device will lead to tastier and healthier meat and milk supplies. [Story: 31 Dec 2006]
5. The millions of Skype users worldwide will soon have access to the newly developed KishKish lie-detector. This free Internet service, based on voice stress analysis (a technique commonly used in criminal investigations), will be able to measure just how truthful that person on the other end of the line really is. [Story: 31 Dec 2006]
6. Beating cardiac tissue has been created in a lab from human embryonic stem cells by researchers at the Rappaport Medical Faculty and the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology's biomedical engineering faculty. The work of Dr. Shulamit Levenberg and Prof. Lior Gepstein has also led to the creation of tiny blood vessels within the tissue, making possible its implantation in a human heart. [Story: 14 Jan 2007]
7. Israel's Magal Security Systems is a worldwide leader in computerized security systems with products used in more than 70 countries around the world protecting anything from national borders to nuclear facilities, refineries, and airports. The company's latest product, DreamBox, a state-of-the-art security system that includes intelligent video, audio and sensor management, is now being used by a major water authority on the US East Coast to safeguard the utility's sites.
8. It's common knowledge that dogs have better night vision than humans and a vastly superior sense of smell and hearing. Israel's Bio-Sense Technologies recently delved further and electronically analyzed 350 different barks. Finding that dogs of all breeds and sizes bark the same alarm when they sense a threat, the firm has designed the dog bark-reader, a sensor that can pick up a dog's alarm bark and alert the human operators. This is just one of a batch of innovative security systems to emerge from Israel, which Forbes calls "the go-to country for anti-terrorism technologies." [Story: 3 Jan 2007]
9. Israeli company BioControl Medical sold its first electrical stimulator to treat urinary incontinence to a US company for $50 million. Now it is working on CardioFit, which uses electrical nerve stimulation to treat congestive heart failure. With nearly five million Americans presently affected by heart failure and more than 400,000 new cases diagnosed yearly, the CardioFit is already generating a great deal of excitement as the first device with the potential to halt this deadly disease. [Story: 11 Feb 2007]
10. One year after Norway's Socialist Left Party launched its boycott of Israel, the importing of Israeli goods has increased by 15%, the strongest increase in many years, Statistics Norway reports. [Story: 22 Jan 2007]
In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have 1.3 billion followers of the rock-god of Mecca and the others who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed?
Israel Leads the world In Medical Device Patents alone. 34 Jews have won the Nobel Prize for Physics compared to a single Muslim winner in the past 100 years and that sole winner had to leave Pakistan because it stifled his creativity. Only by leaving Islam behind was Abdus Salaam able to contribute something of value to the modern world. Is it any wonder that Islam wants to destroy Israel and the Jews? Here is a tiny nation and its few million people whose accomplishments shame the whole Muslim world with its billion and a half adherents.
Instead of applying their energies to innovation and creativity Muslims find new slights and insults to their sensibilities such as the Danish Cartoon Affair, or the Pope's reading of history, or Britain honoring its writers. (Is there anything that does not insult Muslims?) Instead of creating new ways to view cartoons as Lumus-Optical has done, Muslims employ Mickey Mouse to teach their children to become improvised explosive devices.
Does there exist today anywhere on Earth a more embarrassing, ignorant, backward, barbaric, primitive, lying, violent, child- and woman-hating religion? And these are its good qualities.
I have no doubt that many, many Muslims today once were Jews or had ancestors who were Jews. But for being Muslims, they could have been great scientists, doctors, engineers or inventors. But for Islam they could have contributed to the modern world. Instead, Islam has stolen the potential for greatness from its peoples. So this is not one of those Muslims-were-born-stupid rant. On the contrary, this is an appeal to Muslims to wake up.
And so I say to Muslims: Arab Muslims come from the very same Semitic stock as Jews and I have no doubt, absolutely none, that if you followed the advice of Golda Meir, that if you loved your children more than you hate Israel, there would be peace in the Middle East. If you spent your energy improvising heart valve devices instead of explosives, you would be welcome anywhere in the world, instead of being despised and evoking fear every time you board an airplane.
Take my advice, Dear Muslim, reject your violent religion and become part of civilized society. Or continue what you are doing and eventually face extinction. The world will only tolerate your barbarity for so long.