Have you noticed lately that Obamanites have been trying to make the concept of socialism acceptable? Ever since Obama slipped and told Joe the Plumber that he wants to redistribute the wealth numerous bloggers and commenters are now explaining that progressive taxation is socialism, that Teddy Roosevelt was a socialist (yes he was, but so what, that still doesn't excuse socialism), that America is a socialist country already and that more socialism isn't such a bad thing. Now we are told that we can't even use the word socialist in regard to Obama because it's just another word for uppity Black. Lewis Diuguid, a Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist wrote a nasty piece of garbage last Tuesday trying to make two points:
- Whites use the word socialist as a code word for black and therefore unAmerican.
- McCain and Palin should be ashamed for using this code word against Obama.
- and more subtly, that socialism is good because it fights for peace, racial justice, equality, and labor relations.
Oops is that three points? Sorry, I was in a Joe Biden fugue for a moment there.
Here is the original article:
The Star, Kansas City, Shame on McCain and Palin for using an old code word for black
The "socialist" label that Sen. John McCain and his GOP presidential running mate Sarah Palin are trying to attach to Sen. Barack Obama actually has long and very ugly historical roots.
J. Edgar Hoover, director of the FBI from 1924 to 1972, used the term liberally to describe African Americans who spent their lives fighting for equality.
Those freedom fighters included the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., who led the Civil Rights Movement; W.E.B. Du Bois, who in 1909 helped found the NAACP which is still the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization; Paul Robeson, a famous singer, actor and political activist who in the 1930s became involved in national and international movements for better labor relations, peace and racial justice; and A. Philip Randolph, who founded and was the longtime head of the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters and a leading advocate for civil rights for African Americans.
McCain and Palin have simply reached back in history to use an old code word for black. It set whites apart from those deemed unAmerican and those who could not be trusted during the communism scare.
Shame on McCain and Palin.
I am not surprised that the author is black. I am sure that comrade Diuguid earns more money than 99% of all blacks outside the US but still feels as if blacks are oppressed in this country. The only people oppressing blacks are other blacks like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et al.
Diuguid, aside from spreading racist lies, is also trying to make concept of socialism acceptable. If you are a liberal, socialist, or communist you should keep it to yourself for the same reasons that pedophiles don't go around broadcasting their mental illness. Leftists should likewise be ashamed to admit it publicly.
Now that the cat is out of the bag, that is to say Obama openly admitted that he wants to spread the wealth, leftists are running around trying to contain the damage by
- denying he's a socialist, or
- maintaining that socialism is really not bad, or
- that we already have socialism in this country (by way of progressive taxes and welfare) and so a little more can't hurt.
Let me cover all three points.
- Obama is a socialist. Do I really need to add a DUH?
- Socialism is bad. It's failed everywhere in the world. Socialized medicine in Canada is a failure. Socialism in Sweden is a failure. And when asked to explain the socialist failures in Cuba, China, North Korea, and the former Soviet Union, leftists will say those states are Communist not socialist. I get it it, if it isn't a complete hell on Earth call it socialism, otherwise Communism. Nice attempt at deflection, but I don't buy it.
- More socialism will hurt. When the present income tax system started in 1913 the tax rate was 1% on taxable net income above $3,000 or $4,000 for married couples, less deductions and exemptions. Finally rising to 7% on incomes above $500,000. At that time it was just a little progressive. Now the top rate rakes in 35%. Despite this confiscatory level, liberals are asking for even more sharing of the wealth. Half the country is already not paying its fair share of income taxes by not paying anything at all. At some point, we will be asking the top 10 people to pay 99.99% of the taxes.
Of course, the system will collapse before that. It's time to realize that our progressive tax system is a socialist failure. Rich people should get all the tax cuts precisely because they pay all of the taxes. Poor people shouldn't even be allowed into the discussion, they don't have a dog in this race.
Other bloggers weigh in:
Strong As An Ox And Nearly As Smart Blog, Unglued Idiot of the Day Award: Lewis Diuguid and "Socialist is a Code Word for Blacks"
When I was young there was an all-white group we called socialists, and they went even further and called themselves National Socialists. Now there are over a billion Chinese who aren't offended when you call them socialists (or state capitalists), about a quarter of a billion of mostly white folk who were formerly in the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, and another billion Indians who also are slowly emerging from their long, dark night of socialism. But now we have an idiot, Lewis Diuguid, who gazes at his navel and finds an inane piece of lint to wave as a sign of Republican racism and shame. Mr. Diuguid, anyone who votes for or against someone because of skin color is racist, and by that standard, over 95% of American Blacks are well into that category.
Read my related article Blacks are more Racist than Whites.
The Nose on Your Face Blog, Extended Commentary On Lewis Diuguid's "'Socialist' Is Just Another Form Of The 'N-word'" Article
The "socialist" label that Sen. John McCain and his GOP presidential running mate Sarah Palin are trying to attach to Sen. Barack Obama actually has long and very ugly historical roots. (As opposed to the bogus "racist" label that Obama and company are trying to pin to McCain and Palin, which has noble and quite attractive historic roots dating back to the Tawanna Brawley incident, continuing through to the charges of blacks being forced into cannibalism after Hurricane Katrina due to George Bush's hatred for them, and coming to its logical conclusion that socialist=n*****.)