Pro-Palestinian demonstrators Duesseldorf, Germany
Photo Credit: Mosaik-pic-Politik
Here are the typical complaints we hear from anti-Israeli whiners regarding the situation in Gaza:
- "Gazans are living under brutal occupation - what can they do but resist?"
- The poor dears are without food, gas, electricity, or medical supplies.
- They are just innocent shlubs who just want to live in peace.
- Israelis are killing weaponless civilians.
Liberal idiots like Rabbi Lynn Gottlieb believe that any kind of peace is better than war and laughably believe the nonsense propaganda issued by Hamas. Then there are Muslims who do not live in Gaza but somehow think they know what's going on because they watch Al Jazeera. See comments left by reader Eldebug in response to my article British Disproportionate Response.
I cannot imagine the mental contortions one has to do inside one's head to believe that Palestinians are weaponless and that the Israeli attacks are unjustified violence. But then when you ask why does Hamas launch rockets against the civilian population of Israel, they say that the Palestinians are justified in retaliating for Israeli aggression. So which is it? Hamas is weaponless or they are armed to the teeth with missiles? If Hamas is justified in retaliating, then the Israelis are also justified in retaliating. In a rational mind one cannot hold both positions that Hamas is an innocent, weaponless political party and at the same time say they are justified in sending missiles because of Israeli atrocities. You have to be in a deep state of Muslim denial or be a complete moron.
I am not even sure it is possible to disabuse these imbeciles of their contradictory notions but let me try by considering each of the falsehoods numbered above:
- Israel left Gaza more than 3 years ago. There is no occupation, brutal or otherwise. Germany was under occupation for decades and never once sent a suicide bomber to allied command. What do you think we would have done if US forces had left Germany after a few years of occupation and the Germans started attacking America with missiles? Would we ignore it for a few years? Or would we have cut off food, medicine, utilities, in the hope that the Germans would stop bombing us?
- Actually Gaza had tons of food, medicine, and everything else it needed to progress as a nation, but Hamas did not want that:
Washington Post, Why Israel Is Bombing Gaza
When demands are made of Israel to halt its military activities in Gaza, a brief historical reminder is in order.
In September 2005, Israel vacated Gaza, dismantled all the settlements in the Gaza Strip and did not leave a shred of a presence there.
In January 2006, rule over Gaza passed to the Hamas government under Ismail Haniyeh. Instead of bringing investors to Gaza, the Hamas government brought the guerrilla-warfare trainers of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. Instead of launching economic projects, this government launched rockets every day at Israeli towns and villages across the border. They smuggled in vast amounts of explosives, weapons and rockets; they prepared themselves for battle.
In June 2007, in a brutal and bloody military coup, Hamas took control of Gaza and soon killed or chased out the leaders of President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement. Gaza became nothing less than a military base for Iran.
Up until the Hamas takeover, 750 trucks would cross the border each day with imports and exports. As Israel's deputy defense minister at the time, I was in charge of this activity and promoted this trade with Gaza, since the border crossings were being controlled by Abbas's Presidential Guard, not by terrorists. The Hamas takeover is what in effect locked the gates of Gaza and forced its residents to suffer.
- As for innocent civilians dying it will be recalled that 23% of Germans killed during WWII were civilians. The Nazis, the most brutal, savage regime in history had the decency to put their soldiers in uniforms so that their civilian population would not be mistaken for combatants. Hamas has no such decency, in fact they go out of their way to make sure their soldiers wear civilian clothes to ensure that any counter-attack include as many civilians as possible. Remarkably Israel has been able by being extremely careful to limit civilian deaths to 25% [the UN agency for Palestinian refugees] of the Gazan population despite the fact that Hamas purposely wear civilian clothes, shoot missiles near schools and hospitals, and deploy children to play around their missile launching sites to encourage as much death and destruction to "innocents".
- I do not even know how to answer this. Hamas publicly boasts that they are sending missiles to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth. How do they at the same time assert that weaponless Palestinians are being killed? Even their most ardent admirer, the UN, announced that 75% of those killed are Hamas soldiers. Perhaps they mean that Hamas thugs drop their weapons just before an Israeli bomb drops and thus become weaponless so that they can bend over and kiss their ass goodbye?
I hope this clears it up for the poor confused Liberal idiots, the misled Muslims in the rest of the world, and for Islamic apologists everywhere else.
Caption for photo at top:
Pro-Palestinian demonstrators take part in a protest against Israel's military operation in Gaza, Saturday, Jan. 3, 2009 in Duesseldorf, Germany. More than 4,000 people demonstrated in Duesseldorf Saturday. Banner reads in German: 'Stop your holocaust, Israel!'