Photo Credit: The Democratic Party
Democrats think it is a good strategy to paint the Republican Party as obstructionist and that the opposition to Obama's policies are not on the merits but simply because they hate Obama. This despite the fact that Republicans are saying NO to Obama's Healthcare proposals for the benefit of the majority of Americans who oppose it.
The Republicans should take up the banner - point out that this country was founded on saying NO to bad ideas. NO to Taxation without representation, NO to the stamp act, NO to the King, NO to tyranny, NO to subjugation.
Madison, Jefferson, Adams were not saying NO to be ornery with King George nor because they hated him. No intelligent person would believe it was anything but opposition to his policies.
Here are some more good NOs:
- Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
- ... the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall NOT be infringed.
- NO Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, NOR in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
- The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall NOT be violated, and NO Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
- NO person shall be held to answer for any capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; NOR shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; NOR shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, NOR be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; NOR shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
- Excessive bail shall NOT be required, NOR excessive fines imposed, NOR cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
- The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall NOT be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
- The powers NOT delegated to the United States by the Constitution, NOR prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.