I believe Hamas and their supporters enjoy watching American films, especially the 1967 film A Guide for the Married Man, where we see the character played by Joey Bishop caught by his wife engaging in sex with another woman. Despite the abject proof of his infidelity, Bishop's character continues to deny the reality of the situation until his wife is so flummoxed that she accepts the idea that nothing happened at all (1).
Likewise we read of Hamas, Palestinian leaders, and supporters denying reality with the following nonsense:
- Hamas Denies it attacked first - Hamas is only retaliating against prior Israeli aggression; but no Israeli set foot in Gaza prior to Hamas' launching of missiles.
- Gaza is in a humanitarian crisis; but Gazans have a better standard of life than most Arabs living in Muslim countries. The only time things get bad is when Hamas starts launching missiles at Israel.
- Unarmed civilians are being killed; but Hamas soldiers purposely wear civilian clothes so that when they're killed, they'll be counted as civilian deaths.
- Nancy Pelosi heard that Hamas is a Humanitarian organization; while Hamas launches missiles near schools, hospitals and mosques hoping for as many civilian collateral deaths as possible.
- Hillary Clinton tells us that Gaza is densely populated so Hamas has no room to launch missiles except in crowded civilian areas; actually most of the Gaza strip, except for a few cities, is empty of
Now for the most egregious self-contradictory denial: Hamas (and other Muslims) deny the Holocaust ever happened while at the same time accusing Israel of doing to Palestinians what the Nazis did to Jews.
First, consider Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' assertion that the Holocaust was a hoax:
MFS - The Other News, 9 July 2014, Abbas having a PhD in Holocaust denial accuses Israel of ‘genocide’
One of the less savory aspects of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas’s biography is that he has a PhD in Holocaust denial–literally. His 1982 dissertation, published as “The Other Side: the Secret Relationship Between Nazism and Zionism,” famously argues that the Zionists collaborated with the Nazis in order to spur more Jewish immigration to Palestine...
The Zionists, the work asserts, were the Third Reich’s “basic partner in crime.” It also claims that the figure of six million dead has been exaggerated for political gain.
Then consider Abbas' comparison of Palestinian suffering to that of the Jews under the Holocaust:
Israel Hayom, 10 July 2014, Abbas accuses Israel of 'genocide,' appeals to UN, Egypt
Palestinian Authority president compares suffering of Palestinians to Holocaust • "Israel is not defending itself, it is defending its pet project -- the settlements," Abbas says • Hamas: We have been coerced into a war that we did not choose to wage.
So when you read that Hamas denies anything, you know to take the opposite as true. If they deny that it was their own missiles that destroyed a Palestinian school, killing women and children, then take it to the bank that Hamas is lying.