Contact me at [email@example.com ]
If your objection is that I failed to properly credit or provide attribution to your content, please include the URL or link to the attribution desired.
If your objection is that you want material removed from my blog, please include the following:
- An electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- The URL at which the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity is located and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled.
- A statement from the complaining party explaining how my inclusion of excerpts (to which I provide links) and which I make available on a non-profit basis and only for educational and discussion purposes does not constitute 'fair use.' This applies as well if the subject material is a photo which I use in reduced size, link to the original image, and credit the author.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- A physical address of a designated agent authorized to accept service for legal action should I find the content and links are not in fact infringing and the take-down notice is frivolous or an act of barratry or part of a legalized shakedown scheme made possible by the ill-conceived DMCA.
Please be aware that in contrast to companies like YouTube or Flickr which merrily remove content on any flimsy, unsubstantiated complaint, I have a pair of testicles and will gladly go to court on every single request to remove any fair use content or links from my site.
Revised 22 Nov 2010