Not All Muslims are the Same




cockroaches
Photo Credit: David T. Wartowski

Responding to my post When is Too Many Muslims? a reader commented, "Islam is not a single monolithic entity. Even within Islam, there are multiple understandings. Hence, to portray Muslims in absolute terms is very inaccurate."

There are over four thousand species of cockroach and although it would be inaccurate to portray cockroaches in absolute terms I doubt that anyone would care exactly which particular species was infesting their home.

For these same reasons I bundle Shiites, Sunnis, and Wahhabis as simply Muslims even though they view themselves differently. Certainly when they are not killing or torturing Jews or Christians they keep themselves busy killing or torturing other Muslims. Indeed, a few hundred years ago Wahhabis killed and tortured many Muslims, enslaved their women and children and usurped their possessions.

It may be interesting to differentiate the various Islamic sects: Shiites of Iran fund terror operations in Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon; Wahhabis of Saudi Arabia fund terror operations in Pakistan, Afghanistan, the Philippines, Indonesia, Chechnya, and Bosnia [source: United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary]; and Osama Bin Laden, a Sunni, funds terror operations everywhere. So while there are certainly differences among them, does it really matter that I lump them altogether? Does anyone really care precisely which sub-sect of a barbaric political system blows up a busload of women and children?

Not all criminals are the same, but when they commit a crime we throw them into the same prison: murderers, rapists, armed robbers, etc. Is it right or accurate to lump them altogether as if their crimes were all equally evil? The answer is who cares?

When it comes to how members of Islam treat infidels and even other Muslims, it doesn't make any difference. I know that most Muslims do not commit crimes just as most Nazis, the great Majority of them, did not kill or hurt a single Jew in the last century, yet we still condemn all Nazis as evil. Not because they hurt anyone, but because they allowed it to happen. There were almost 70 million Germans prior to World War II. I doubt 1% of them actually killed a Jew, so what were the other 99% doing when more than 11 million souls lost their lives to Nazi persecution?

Unless 99% of Muslims disavow their religion, the cause of Muslim barbarities, they will all be considered enemies of civilization; the fat and the tall, the thin and the short, the Sunnis, the Shiites, whatever - it doesn't make any difference.



### End of my article ###

Bloggers: For non-commercial use you may repost this article without asking permission - read how.













Related Posts with Thumbnails

View My Stats
qr code