Most Americans are clueless about Islam. How do I know what they supposedly don't know about Islam? Simple: If Americans knew what I know about Islam, they would certainly not allow a single Muslim to come into our country.
For example, only a clueless pregnant woman would knowingly allow a zika-virus-infected visitor into her home. Similar ignorance explains why we permit Muslims to enter our country. Indeed, according to a recent study of conversion to Islam in the United States, Islam is attractive to those with less education.
It's bad enough that most Americans are clueless about Islam, we also have idiots like Stephanie Meade who authored the following bull-crap which misinforms the clueless even further:
The HuffPost Blog, 14 Sept 2014,
5 Things About Islam You Should Know
- Women and men are equal in Islam: "Each of you is equal to the other" (Quran, 3:195). It is true that inequalities exist in many Muslim societies but it is also true that gender inequalities exist in many non-Muslim societies as well. Gender inequalities emanate from cultural practices, not the religion of Islam. In the Quran, men and women enjoy the same rights spiritually, but also socially and politically. Several Islamic countries have also had female heads of state, including Pakistan, Indonesia, Bangladesh and Turkey.
- Islam shares many religious figures and historical events with Judaism and Christianity. Muslims greatly respect Jesus. He is considered a prophet in Islam.
- Muslims fast for 30 days every year for Ramadan, which is one of the five pillars of Islam. Ramadan this year is happening during most of the month of July. Muslims fast to experience what it feels like to be poor and hungry, and to focus on their own inner spiritual journey. Fasting is a great teacher of compassion.
- Islam is a religion with a deep commitment to social justice. In addition to the practice of Ramadan enabling Muslims to experience hunger as a poor and hungry person might, another of the five pillars of Islam is to help the poor through a donation of zakat. Put simply, Muslims must give 2.5 percent of their savings to the poor, as zakat is a requirement of those who have accumulated wealth.
- Violence and suicide missions are un-Islamic. At its core, Islam is a religion of peace, a message reiterated many times throughout the Quran. The Quran calls its way "the paths of peace" (5:16) and states that God dislikes any disturbance of peace: "God loves not aggressors" (2:190). Additionally, there has been a fatwa (or religious decree) speaking directly against terrorism and suicide bombings, stating they are unjust, evil and have no place in Islam. People who perpetuate violence in the name of Islam are no more true to their faith than Christians who blow up abortion clinics.
With so much misunderstanding in the world about Islam, I hope these simple facts serve to redress some common misconceptions.
OK, let's examine this liberal idiot's assertions:
- Assertion: Women and men are equal in Islam.
Fact: Even our State Department knows better - "In accordance with Koranic precepts, women are denied equal status with men..."
- Assertion: Islam shares many religious figures and historical events with Judaism and Christianity..
Fact: Not even close. Every Islamic scholar acknowledges that the historical events described in the Old and New Testaments have been corrupted and are therefore invalid and untrustworthy. The Moses that Jews believe in and the Jesus that Christians believe in are not the same Moses and Jesus that Muslims read in the Qu`ran.
For example, when making a translation of the Bible for Muslims it is necessary to make drastic changes to the translations so as not to offend Muslims, read Critics Steamed over Bible Translation for Muslims.
- Assertion: Muslims fast to experience what it feels like to be poor and hungry.
Fact: No, Muslims fast to rid themselves of human desires so they can better control them in the other 11 months and be fit for Jihad.
- Assertion: Islam is a religion with a deep commitment to social justice.
Fact: In every country in which the law of the land is in accordance with the Qu`ran, we find that country to be in extreme violation and abuse of human rights and social justice.
- Assertion: Violence and suicide missions are un-Islamic.
Fact: Not quite. While suicide is against Qu`ranic law, martyrdom is not. A shaheed (martyr) who advances the cause of spreading Islam gains immediate entrance to Paradise. Americans incorrectly label a Jihadi attack as a suicide bombing, it is not suicide since killing oneself is not the purpose - the purpose is to kill infidels and killing infidels is not un-Islamic. Quran (4:74) - "So let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. And he who fights in the cause of Allah and is killed or achieves victory - We will bestow upon him a great reward.."
So my dear little moron Stephanie, I hope you will now stop spreading these Islamic myths - with so much misunderstanding in the world about Islam, I hope these simple facts serve to redress your common misconceptions.