By Bernie on 11 Jul 2013
Esther - Queen of Persia
Photo Credit: Cross of Glory
Many of my readers familiar with Biblical Book of Esther may not know that Esther became Queen of Persia because she was one of the most strikingly beautiful women in that ancient kingdom. According to the Targum, the Aramaic explanation of the Hebrew Bible, her name was based on the Persian word for "star", ستاره setareh, and was so named because she was as beautiful as the Morning Star.
That was then and this is now and so we need to find present day Iranian beauties. After a little searching there were very many Persian hotties to choose from. But since it's time for another Thursday Thirteen (this is post [# 88]) I had to pare it down to only 13. For your viewing pleasure I offer you 13 beautiful Iranian women (click on any panel for a larger, more interesting view):
- Claudia Lynx, Persian Canadian, Actor, Model Writer, and a former Persian Pop Star
- Vida Tahamtanzadeh, Iranian Model
- Saba Homayoon, Canada-Iranian actor
- Sarah Shahi, American television actress and former NFL Cheerleader
- Miriam Shenasi, Stunt Woman, Actress, Model
- Sara Tabrizi, America's Next Top Model (TV series)
- Nazanin Afshin-Jam, Miss World Canada
- Catherine Bell, model, actress
- Mahsa Tehrani, model
- Ramona Amiri, Iranian Canadian woman of Assyrian and Persian heritage who won the Miss World Canada contest in 2005.
- Bahara Golestani, Arizona Spokesmodel/dancer and actress
- Elli Alibeik, Rising pop-sensation from Germany
- I don't know who she is other than her name is Aida from Shiraz, Iran
Mosaic made with Mosaic Maker
Anyone may republish this article for non-commercial use without asking my permission. I make it easy, see details here.
comments powered by Disqus